This easy to make tea has natural antibiotic and immune-boosting properties to help keep the sniffles away and ease cold and flu symptoms. Tastes great too!
The recipe is adapted from Alex Jamieson’s book The Great American Detox Diet. Here’s the directions published by our friends at www.food.com – you can check out the original article along with so many others.
- 8 cups water
- 8 slices fresh ginger
- 12 sage leaves, fresh or dried
- 3 rosemary sprigs, fresh
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs, fresh (optional)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Place all ingredients (except honey) in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat and steep for about 10 minutes.
- Strain into a pitcher (I like to leave the cinnamon sticks in the pitcher for extra flavor). Stir in honey while still warm.
- Store pitcher in refrigerator. Reheat one cup at a time in the microwave, adding more honey to taste, if desired.
Drink twice a day, breathing steam through nose, for maximum benefit.