“A study conducted by the University of Michigan Health System found out that turmeric works better than nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs to relieve inflammation after surgery.”
Joint pain and inflammation is experienced by many of us during our lives and as we get older it becomes a more common occurrence. You may have joint pains due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, bursitis, strains, sprains, simple inflammation or some injuries. These can be felt in your toes to your fingertips but the good news is there are simple home remedies that can relieve the pain and discomfort of mild to chronic joint pain and inflammation.
Below is a wonderful recipe from Rapid Home Remedies for a Turmeric Ginger Tea, for more home remedies check out the full article here.
Turmeric Ginger Tea
- Fresh turmeric root- 1 inch piece OR turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Fresh ginger root- 1 inch piece OR ginger powder- ½ tsp
- Water- 2 cups
- Honey- 1-2 tsp, as per taste
- If using fresh turmeric and ginger roots, wash them well, peel and chop them in rough pieces.
- Take the water in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add turmeric and ginger to this boiling water and simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Strain and add honey and then sip your yellow herbal tea.
- If using powders of turmeric and ginger, add them to hot water and steep for 10-15 minutes.
- You may not need to strain this but if you want, you can strain it.
- Add honey and drink this tea.
It is better to take turmeric-ginger tea in between your meals because when taken with meals, they work more for digestion rather than for reducing pain in joints.
Warning: If you are taking medicines meant for thinning the blood, you should avoid having turmeric as well as ginger or take them under medical supervision. Both these herbs are capable of thinning your blood.